Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun loving dual sport that is easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|74 x 58mm|
|2.0kg-m (14.5 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm|
|Mikuni 33 mm throttle body fuel injection|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|32.2kpl / 91mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric Start|
|Constant mesh, 5-speed|
|35 mm fork / 225 mm (8.9") wheel travel|
|Adjustable Link Monocross / 180 mm (7.1") wheel travel|
|245 mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|203 mm disc / single piston caliper|
|2.75 x 21|
|2,150 mm (84.6")|
|805 mm (31.7")|
|1,160 mm (45.7")|
|1,360 mm (53.5")|
|285 mm (11.2")|
|830 mm (32.7")|
|9.6 litres (2.1 imp. gallons)|
|132kg (291 lb)|
- 249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy no hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- straight intake & exhaust tracts for excellent combustion chamber filling & discharge
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- Multi plate wet type clutch is utilized.
- Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
- Easy access element-type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes.
- 33 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 10 hole injector for optimum fuel atomization
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- 2.8 litre air box
- located under the seat & utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Wide ratio 5-speed transmission with multi plate wet clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on & off road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- clutch lever pull is light & easy
- Upswept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet & environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Air Induction System (AIS)
- injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust port to insure complete combustion
- reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Semi-double cradle steel frame.
- overall "wet" weight of 132kg (291 lbs.), makes the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market
- Rugged, box section steel swing arm
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 35mm KYB fork with 225mm (8.9") of wheel travel.
- soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) protect fork seals & tubes from dirt & grit damage
- Lightweight aluminum lower triple clamp reduces weight.
- Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 180mm (7.1") of wheel travel.
- 20 mm (0.8") of threaded spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to adjust spring preload to match load or riding conditions
- Low 810mm (31.9") seat height
- creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability
- inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet on the ground
- 285mm (11.2") of ground clearance enhances off road use.
- 245mm front disc brake with twin piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
- 203mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston Nissin caliper
- rugged plastic rear caliper protector
- 9.6 litre steel fuel tank
- in tank electric fuel pump
- "reserve" portion of the tank is 1.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
- 21" front & 18" rear DID alloy rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance
- Long, YZ-inspired seat.
- creates a balanced riding position with good rider mobility
- provides roomy comfort for both rider & passenger
- 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
- small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- Compact digital instrumentation.
- functions includes: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) & clock
- other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light & self-diagnosis function
- Serrated, folding steel foot pegs
- Folding gear shift & rear brake lever tips
- Helmet lock
- Locking steering & fuel cap
- Passenger foot pegs & grab rails
- Durable "O" ring chain
- Oil level sight glass
- Flexible turn signals
- Rubber "boots" on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage/wear
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)