Yamaha returns to the peaks with the dominating Mountain Max, but you will need to place a deposit on these LE models in the spring to get yours for winter!
- The 2nd generation, two cylinder, 794cc, 2-stroke engine features ECM controlled, batteryless fuel injection with electronic oil injection. 3-Stage auxilliary exhaust port power-valves control the gas flow into a tuned pipe with stainless exhaust collector and silencer. EPTS (exhaust pop temperature sensor) monitors the system. Spark ignition is generated through a digital CDI with knock control sensor and cooling achieved through a liquid heat exchanger system. Electric start is standard.
- The chain-case is dropped and rolled to provide a more gradual- 9.4*- lower track approach angle. The lightweight tunnel features narrow, tapered running boards to aid in deep snow maneuverability and provides plenty of clearance for its 8 tooth extrovert drivers and Power Claw track.
- The long, 14 inch travel rear suspension features a light-weight single beam skid-frame to provide exceptional handling in the deep and steep.This advanced skid frame features a single pivot at the mid point of the rail which runs down the center line of the track. The resulting track flexibility and balance point is realized in pecise handling response. Its never been easier to throw a carve, regardless of pitch or incline. The single rail system is over 10lbs lighter by design and doesn't trap snow compared to conventional dual rail suspensions keeping the sled much lighter in real world conditions.
- The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for 'on the fly' access to the multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a convenient toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with an ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. The Hayes 'Stealth' brake cylinder is equipped with a composite brake lever coupled with a lightweight caliper to provide great modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- The single beam suspension employs sturdy Fox Zero, coil spring shock absorbers with easily adjustable QS3 damping on both front and rear arms. Plus the rear arm is equipped with the mountain specific QS3L which features a special lock-out mode for extreme climbing. Additional features include the special ice-scraper sealing system, high-flow, velocity sensitive damping and hard anodized components.